Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Make it stop, make it STOP!!!

Dear Disney people,

I've grown up watching all of your wonderful cartoons. The first movie my mom ever took me to see when I was 4 years old was Sleeping Beauty. I love the characters, the colors, the songs and music. Sure, I know you took the original stories and tweaked them, made them happier and fit them into the Disney mold, but I still loved them all.

Then, PIXAR! This was very cool! A break from 2D animation, and the norm, for sure, but very impressive and well done. It set a new standard, I think, and I know that there will be many more movies that people of all ages will love.

Then, something awful happened. SEQUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First it started with the newer stories, like Beauty and the Beast, Hercules... I cringed at the thought of this, but you kept going. Eventually you made a sequel to movies I thought were untouchable, like Cindrella and Peter Pan. Now, Bambi. I think it is horribly pathetic that you are such money grubbing (insert non Disney-ish insult here) that you have to make sequels to the already timeless and beloved classics that people have enjoyed for generations (and continue to enjoy)!

If you make a sequel of Snow White I know Walt's body will spin in it's grave... or his cryo-chamber or whatever.

Bambi II??? Seriously???

No comments: