Monday, June 19, 2006

Flashback

I was just sharing this story with my kids this weekend, and thought I would share it with the whole world.

When I was in 1st grade I had to ride the bus. At this time in my life I was a pretty cocky, confident little thing. I did and said pretty much anything I wanted to... like the time I was chewing gum on the bus, which was against the rules... or the time I took my shirt off, so everyone could see my Wonder Woman Underoos. I was a badass!!! Anyway, this particular story involves me (a cute, innocent little first-grade girl, with lovely blonde hair and adorable freckles) and a 6th grade boy named Scott. One bright, sunny Ohio morning I decided to tell the whole bus that I thought Scott was cute. This embarrassed Scott to no end, and when we got off the bus he PUNCHED ME IN THE STOMACH!!! Holy Shit!! What kind of asshole punches a 1st grade girl in the stomach?

It took me years before I felt comfortable telling any boy that I thought they were cute... and this might just be the reason why. Damn you Scott the 6th grader... DAMN YOU!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, this is Scott. I just wanted to apologize for being SUCH an asshole back then. Actually, I can't think of a BIGGER asshole than I was back then. Damn.. Anyway, I just wanted to apologize. I'm homeless now, and I scrape up what little I can by collecting cans. I've developed a crack habit, and the fist I punched you with has permanent nerve damage. The drugs and the alcohol help ease the pain somewhat. What I did to you back then will forever haunt me, and is probably the reason my life took such a tragic, bitter turn. If only I had been nice.....
Scott.

Anonymous said...

Dick is right. I'm glad your life sucks so bad. Stupid-first-grade-girl-hitter-meanie.