Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thursday the 12th


Some people think Friday the 13th is a day of bad luck. I've never experienced bad luck on this day (of course, this year will be different because I jinxed it).

There was one time when my family was fishing on a lake in Ohio. My dog got a GIGANTIC fish hook stuck in his paw. My "dad" got it out, but it then got stuck in his thumb. Then my sister said "Hey! It's Friday the 13th!" It was like some moment you would see on a sitcom and everyone would laugh, then the scene would freeze and the credits would roll. But there was no laughter, only a fishing trip cut short (like I cared), and trip to the hospital for my dad.

But that didn't really happen directly to me.

Thursday the 12th is a different story...

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in 5th grade. I usually brought my lunch to school, but this day the cafeteria was serving chili, and chili meant cinnamon rolls. I chose to buy my lunch that day.

I wore my favorite jacket. It was red and white pin striped (shut up), and reversible. The inside was just red. After lunch I took my tray up to be washed, but I tripped or something and spilled chili all over my favorite jacket.

Then, on the way home from school I ripped my backpack. My Ziggy backpack.

It wasn't Friday the 13th... it was Thursday the 12th.

Has anything bad happened on Thursday the 12th since then? Not that I can recall. But, I still kinda feel superstitious about it.

And tomorrow I have a job interview!! On Thursday the 12th!! Yay.

12 comments:

Valerie said...

You had a Ziggy backpack? You're even cooler than I thought.

I used to draw Ziggy cartoons all the time (merely copies of Ziggy originals).

Best of luck with the interview tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Gog I didnt even realize that 13th was this friday, cool!

Sans Pantaloons said...

Have a GREAT interview Amy!

Sans Pantaloons said...

Ziggy says...

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone!

And Sans... you just brought up a whole 'nother memory...

Sports Princess said...

Good luck to you tomorrow! Hope it's a good fit for you both!

Scarlet said...

red & white pinstripe jacket... I am having visions of a jacket from Willy Wonka (old version)

Bwahahahaha

Anonymous said...

It's Thursday, Amy! Good luck!

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Good luck!

And Ziggy? Really?

Sports Princess said...

Okay... You're Thursday is almost over, & we're all dying to hear that your unlucky spell is over?

Anonymous said...

So it's Friday now. How did it go? When do you start?

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't say, to your interviewer, "I'm a people person". That kills it EVERY time.