Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Halloween stuff

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I'll admit it. I'm a total, complete dork. I love, LOVE love, LooOOoOve this time of year.

Being in California has it's pros and cons. When I lived in Colorado, nothing grew. Every year we bought our carving pumpkins at the grocery store. There was one little pumpkin farm that every elementary school classroom took a field trip to, so the pickin's were slim. If you wanted a good, fat pumpkin you had to get it at Safeway.

Here in California there's a house down the street here in my city that has a few pumpkins growing in the front yard. They are everywhere!

But, Colorado actually had the season of fall, with cool weather and changing leaves. The leaves aren't nearly as pretty here in California, and for the most part people are still wearing shorts. On the other hand, it would be freezing cold and snowing almost guaranteed every Halloween in Colorado, and no one could see what your costume was under your winter coat and hood. Here in California it is quite pleasant on Halloween.

I also love the Halloween movies. Sure, the scary ones are great, like Nightmare on Elm Street, or even Halloween... but I'm talking about the cheezy Disney/Family Channel ones... the really bad ones.

Jim Smash made a list of scary ones, and encouraged me to post about the super-cheezy kiddie type Halloween movies. So, here is my list. Feel free to laugh or whatever. I know I'm a dork, I embrace my dorkness.

Hocus Pocus
Halloweentown
Halloweentown II
Halloweentown High
Under Wraps
Susie Q
When Good Ghouls Go Bad

There are probably others that I can't think of. The Family Channel and The Disney Channel usually come out with original movies for Halloween. I also love the Bugs Bunny Halloween stuff, with Witch Hazel and the vampire that keeps getting turned into a bat... cracks me up!

Please leave a comment if you have any other movie suggestions of this type. Or if you just want to bash me. Or if you want to tell me there is no one cooler than me.

5 comments:

Jim said...

We tend to watch Hocus Pocus every year. It's fun and really captures that "Kid Halloween Feeling". Don't tell anyone I watch it, tho.
;)

Great list!

Anonymous said...

I like that one too, Rhapsody.

Thanks for reading and de-lurking!

Jen said...

I second
the great pumpkin!!

never seen hocus pocus...

Sans Pantaloons said...

There is no one cooler than you.

Anonymous said...

My favorite Halloween movies are The Shining, and Fright Night. Maybe re-runs of the Anna Nichole show, too. The munsters are cool, also.