Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Guess what I get to do today??


Yes. Go to the Dentist.

When I was a kid I liked my dentist. He was nice, and the office was cozy... and he let me play this while I was waiting for the novocain to take effect.

Remember this?...



The only thing I could operate on it was Tic Tac Toe.

Anyway, nowadays my dentist isn't nearly as nice. I mean, I like the dentist and the staff just fine, they are nice enough... but I used to KNOW my dentist. He remembered me and knew my name... it's just not the same now. The office is white and sterile and cold, and there are no handheld games, the cheap bastards.

Today is just a check-up and cleaning, which should be delightful since I haven't been to the dentist in about a year and a half. I'm sure I'll have some follow up appointments. I can't wait!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I still have my Merlin game. I'll see if I can dig it out & give it a whirl.

Anonymous said...

Wow, a Merlin!
Haven't seen one of those in ages.
Thanks for the memory.
I agree about dentists.
My dentist had a treasure chest full of little goodies when I was little.
But nowadays, some dentists have DVD players with giant flat screen monitors. Makes it much more entertaining than staring up his nose.

Jen said...

Merlin ROCKED!!
I still have mine ...
somewhere

Valerie said...

Frank played the Dentist in our high school production of "Little Shop of Horrors." I was a mere doo-wop girl.

Anonymous said...

The doo-wop girls are just as important, Val.