Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hot Bowl of Chili


I like country music. I'm not afraid to admit it. At least, most of the time I'm not.

Then a song like this comes around, and I know why people don't like country music. Let me enlighten you by posting the chorus of the lyrics to "Get Outta My Way" by Carolina Rain...


I gotta go before she runs like a fast little filly,

She's a five alarm fire, a hot bowl of chili,

An' she's burnin' a hole in this hillbilly.

An' I can't let her get away.

I gotta say somethin' kinda funny, just a little bit crazy,

That'll make her want to think about bein' my baby,

'Cause I know what I want and I ain't waitin' all day,

So hey, get outta my way.


Seriously. Is there a girl out there who wouldn't get swept off her feet by being compared to a horse and a food that causes flatulence and diarrhea?
I think not.

5 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

I'm havin' a real sad day, 'cos ma haggis ran away
Hey mish!, she cried as she disappeared inside
the greyhound that took ma dinner away

ma rutabaga has gone leavin' ma tater mash alone
ma plate is half empty, ma glass is half full
the sign said Californ I.A. on the bus
that took ma dinner away

should I follow her haggis scent, 'cos she is heaven sent
or should I stay here in ma old hamild amy?
I'm havin' a real sad day 'cos ma haggis ran away
to Californ I.A.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sans... that was beautiful.

What the hell is a hamild?

Anonymous said...

Shoot...comparing females to chili should be like a compliment to you all! That's a man's food see?

Sans Pantaloons said...

Amy, sorry for any confusion.
Hamild Amy is a colloquialism for
Hame 'il dae me, that is Home will do me, in proper English.

Best I could come up with to work your name into the comment.
Guess I'll never be a cowboy, but I do like chili...

Coffeypot said...

The only food comparison to a woman is: “If God hadn’t meant for a woman to be eaten He wouldn’t have made it look like a taco.”