Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I need your help


Why on Earth would I ask for help from the crazy people that read my blog? I really don't know. But I am.

Next week I will be taking a trip to Boston to visit my best friend from high school. I haven't seen her for 4 years. I've never been to Boston, either. I'm very excited!!

Since I'm on the West Coast, and I'm traveling to the East Coast, I'm gonna have one hell of a plane ride. Lucky for me I booked my tickets ages ago and have aisle seats the whole way (whoo-hoo)!

Here is where you, my totally awesome readers come in (I was just kidding about the crazy people remark before). I need book recommendations! Nothing too heavy... I want to have fun and maybe enjoy my plane ride a little bit. I'm not going to tell you what I usually read, because maybe I would enjoy something different, and I'm an open minded chick.

So, c'mon! Tell me what to read!!

11 comments:

Jen said...

horton hears a who...

BlogMADhit!!!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Fab-
Thanks for the info! I'll look into it!

Jen...

That won't even get me off the damn runway.

By the way, I heard Steve Carell will be doing a voice for the movie version of that *incredible* book.

Anonymous said...

I've always found "How-To" books to be a rather enjoyable read on plane rides. You know, "How To Build a Bookcase", or "How To Install Recessed Lighting", or "How To Build A Toolshed". You know, stuff like that. Nothing too heavy..

Anonymous said...

Dick-

I already know all that stuff. I know everything. I wrote all those books, I just use aliases.

I'm going to write a book about how to be helpful and less frustrating for the fellows here at blogger. Maybe I'll just write the book on the plane.

Pop Fantastic said...

A flight that long-- an aisle seat.. grr.. my usual approach is xanax and a glass of red wine....I recently read a super trashy novel called Model Student by Robin Hazelwood. . It was a fun guilty pleasure, and I couldn't put it down...like reading an E True Hollywood Story episode.....

Josh said...

Girlfriend In A Coma.

I'm cashing in on that best friends 4ever offer so you can just change your flight plan for a lay over in Utah and we'll get a burger and a milk shake. Please be prepared to discuss baseball, movies and books. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Pop Fantastic-
Thanks! Welcome back from Arkansas

Josh-
Thanks for stopping by my blog! You will be back from the ISS next week? I don't think I can lay over in space.

Neo-Con Tastic said...

"Real America" by Glenn Beck.

Hands down, the best book I've read.

Anonymous said...

anything by Jonathon Kellerman is good.

Doctor Mom™ said...

If you want an easy read, that will go quickly and you will be completely engaged, I would go for Nicholas Sparks... Walk to Remember, Notebook, or The Wedding

If you want something that will take longer but you won't be able to put it down, try Wicked, it's the story of Oz from the Wicked Witch of the West's perspective.

Have fun... Boston is fun (when it's not raining that is).

Anonymous said...

Gee Doc, you're right up my alley! I've read Walk to Remember, and Wicked. I actually thought about re-reading Wicked.

I would also recommend Son of a Witch if you haven't read that one.