Friday, February 09, 2007

Stuff that has happened since my last post...

It feels like I haven't posted in forever, but I see it's only been a couple of days.

Nothing major has really happened, except for that Anna Nicole death thing... and I'm so glad we have something bizarre going on in the media for me to bitch about. I always LOVED how they had to break into regular programming to give us updates about Michael Jackson, yesterday they didn't go that far, but they did run a little blurb across the bottom of the screen on a regular network station. Sigh..

Who do you think will play her in the movie (I can only guess there will be a movie..)??

Also related to TV, that same network, ABC.... the local station here has these LAME commercials with Sawyer and Ben from Lost. Sawyer comes on and says something like "Don't count on the Others... watch News10". I don't remember what Ben says, but I think both of the commercials are retarded.

Do any of my readers take offense when I call something or someone retarded? Just wondering.

15 comments:

Megan said...

I have a cousin who's bona fide retarded, and I call things retarded all the time. Not that I'm a good one to go by.

Scarlet said...

No offence taken.

Just NEVER call me a republican!!!

Bob said...

Not me. It offends NBC, they bleeped the work retarded from Sarah Silverman's appearance on Conan last week. How retarded is that?

Anonymous said...

They bleeped it??? Are you kidding me??

Dang.

Mel said...

I have a friend who is very offended by that, her son was born with issues. But Retarded was a term used so much when I was growing up I just dont see how it can be offensive.

Anonymous said...

Don't be so retarded, Amy! I don't take offense at ALL! (o:
Also, instead of calling someone a "Retard" as an insult, for the sake of political correctness I just call them a dumb-ass. It's less "offensive".

Btw, I "heard" that Scarlet is actually a registered Republican. I also "heard" that in 2nd grade he had a Richard Nixon lunch box. Well, that's what I "heard", anyway...

Anonymous said...

... but don't expect him to admit it, of course. I sure wouldn't.

Zed said...

I'm not offended at all.

However I WILL be offended if you don't go check out Sushiboy's guest post on my site this weekend. He really knocked himself out writing it.

Jen said...

I too heard scarlet was a
Republican.. just sayin'

Jen said...

I'm offended that scartlet is a republican..

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's a retarded republican. Does that cancel each other out??

Jen said...

It should..

I'll have to consult
the retard handbook

Josh said...

Amy--

If offense is taken the offended are to blame.

Sports Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sports Princess said...

I think I hear the word retarded used to describe dumb asses just as often as ridiculous things are labeled 'gay'. Neither particulary offend me, but I do try to refrain from using them in derogatory manners.

I prefer the old school, more realistic comparisons; i.e. "He's such a tool" & "That is whack!"

Just kidding on the whack partthough. I just somehow don't think I could pull that off?