Thursday, April 05, 2007

Job hunting...


I haven't told you all, I'm looking for a job.

I haven't been employed in about 6 years. I've been talking about looking for a job for a long time, but something kept holding me back. Mostly I was scared and just kept making up excuses. But, a few weeks ago I finally started updating my resume and looking around.

I've sent out SEVERAL resumes, and filled out a couple of applications. I've gotten one phone call back, and next Thursday I have an interview.

I've also been out of the dating scene for about 7 years. Thankfully I'm not looking in that department... but I imagine my "search" would probably be similar.

Do I look the part? (I imagine the dating scene attire would require more skin showing than the job hunting attire...)

Do I have the right "skills"? (You know, typing, computer skills... that sort of thing. Very important in the dating world too, right?)

Are my "skills" out of date?

Any questionable behavior in the past? (Depending on the behavior, questionable could be a good thing when looking for a date I think..)

Have I ever been fired/dumped, and why? Or... reason for leaving last job/relationship?

Anyway... luckily my situation is that I WANT a job, not that I NEED a job, so I can be picky, and I'm not too discouraged about the fact that I'm not getting that many calls. It's just kind of interesting, especially if keep seeing the same position posted, but they still haven't called me.

Oh well.

7 comments:

Tanya Espanya said...

Congratulations on your hunting!

Bob said...

We're hiring where I work. But I work for dip-shits and am half way across the country so that probably isn't very helpful, is it?

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, Nobody™, I work for dip-shits too! Have I seen you around the office?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tanya!

Nobody- no, not really helpful. But, I'm sure I could probably find some dip-shits around here.

Valerie said...

Best of luck! What kind of job are you looking for?

Sports Princess said...

Yes Amy, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Anonymous said...

I want to be Karen on "Will and Grace" when I grow up.

But, for right now I'll just take a job in the medical or clerical field with the hours that I want.