Thursday, April 05, 2007

Urgent


I was listening to this song on the radio yesterday (Urgent.. Foreigner), and I was thinking to myself "Wow, this song was popular when I was in like 3rd grade." Yesterday I listened to the lyrics for the first time probably in my whole life.

But I know, yes I know, how to treat you
right

Thats why you call me in the middle of the
night


I thought to myself, "When I was little I know I didn't know or care what that meant. But still, there I was, listening to a song about a horny chick. I probably thought she was calling him in the middle of the night just to be rude for some reason, because when you're in 3rd grade you have no good reason to call someone in the middle of the night. I mean, my mom would've been pretty pissed if I just got up in the middle of the night to call someone."

I also remember a couple of years later thinking the name of the song was "Virgin".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My youngest son's favorite song right now is Weezer's "Hash Pipe". I can't wait till he's grown & figures out what a hash pipe is. The lyrics aren't exactly from Sesame Street, but hey, the song sounds like a "spy song".

Fortunately I can always convince him that the bad words are something else. (Lying - Bad parenting at it's best). The lyrics that say "I've got my ass wide', I told him it says "I've got my Ash white". Won't be the last lie I tell him. Hey is that the Easter Bunny????

Anonymous said...

"Call me in the middle of the night"... I thought it was like just to chat. I had no idea that it meant, well, you know. ..