Friday, April 13, 2007

"You should hear back from us next week"

I woke up and got ready for my interview, dressing myself in professional looking clothing that I would never wear otherwise... but I looked good. I was kind of an emotional wreck, though, so nervous that I was crying a little. It's been about 6 years since I've been to a job interview. I somehow managed to calm my nerves (with the support of my wonderful boyfriend), and I was out the door.

I arrived at the temp agency, or employment agency, or whatever they're called these days, and my contact there began to prep me. I had checked out some books from the library, but every time I tried to read them I just thought "I know all these questions that they are supposed to ask..." and, I DID, I just couldn't come up with answers. Every question he prepped me with made me freeze. But, he gave me some tips and told me I would do great and sent me on my way to the interview.

On my way to the interview I was still very nervous. I tried eating a granola bar so maybe my stomach wouldn't growl, but I was only able to eat one bite. I kept going over questions in my head "OK... how do you handle stressful situations... um.... um... eat lots of chocolate... no, that answer probably won't work. But maybe it will because who doesn't eat lots of chocolate when they are stressed? A diabetic I guess. I guess that wouldn't be a funny answer if the lady interviewing me is diabetic."

I arrived at my interview destination, and the lady put me right at ease. There weren't any of the typical interview questions, it was more like a conversation. She gave me a short tour of the place, and told me some history about the company. She told me she'd give my resume to her boss, and I should be hearing back from them next week. I got a good feeling from it all, and I'll let you all know when I know.

Then, I got home and changed, and Alex and I went to see "Grindhouse", which was AWESOME.

It was a good Thursday the 12th!! Thanks for all of your well wishes, guys :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it really Awesome? The more I see the trailer, the more I really want to see it.

Glad your interview went well.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went well. It's hard going for a new job, even if you've been employed and change jobs. It's nauseating.

I'll keep the fingers crossed.

Valerie said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad it went well, in spite of your nervousness.

I'll be crossing my fingers for you too!

Anonymous said...

That took guts. I think I stay in my dead-end job just so I won't have to go on any interviews. I'm an awesome interviewer, but not interviewee. It's like giving a speech, all the blood rushes to my head and I can't think above the roar of my pulse. I'm such a head case under pressure.

Good luck. I hope you get it.

Scarlet said...

Good luck. My fingers are crossed for you.

Writeprocrastinator said...

Here's to hoping that you got it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone!! Very much :)

Dave- I can't even begin to describe the awesomeness of this movie. It must be seen in the theater. Go. Go NOW.